This full-line confectionery shop, which has been serving lunch since 1922, is best known for its old-fashioned soda fountain and hand-dipped chocolates.
When Antonio Caruso purchased the Chicago Candy Kitchen in 1922, he and his wife, Emilia, began a tradition that would span several generations in The Grand Old City. Over the course of the next 45 years, the restaurant was managed with the help of their children - Josephine, Paul, Julia, Theresa and Tony. In 1969, Antonio handed the reins over to his son-in-law, William Rutherford, as Julia's husband and later their daughter, Mary (Rutherford) Myers, continued the family business.
Today, Caruso's is owned and operated by Theresa's daugher, Julie Sparks, as she works to ensure her Grandfather Antonio's legacy and the art of candy making will continue for many more generations to enjoy.
Caruso's is pleased to fill special orders and will ship its boxed candies across the country. In addition to its homemade chocolates, made with dark, milk and white chocolate, Caruso's is also known for its Almond Toffee, Vanilla Caramels, Pecan & Cashew Delites, Soft-center Homemade Creams and, of course, its holiday and seasonal candies. - Dowagiac Chamber of Commerce